The nights are getting longer and the days are getting shorter here in Australia! Yule falls at the Midwinter Solstice between the 21st and 22nd of June in the Southern Hemisphere. Midwinter represents the rebirth of light during darkness; this is traditionally a time of feasting and the colour correspondences are green and red.
This is a great time to conduct a candle spell to promote prosperity and overall wellbeing!
- Altar bell
- Clear quartz
- Herbs: Atlantic Kelp, Black Witches Salt, Cats Claw, Cinnamon Bark, Jasmine Buds, Peppermint, Vervain & Willow Bark
- Frankincense essential oil (you can use any you wish but Frankincense is particularly useful in winter to those struggling with seasonal depressions as well as for improving your overall mood and wellbeing.)
- Green candle
- Candle holder
- Candle snuffer (optional)
- Cleanse your altar by ringing your altar bell over the area to remove any malicious energies and entities.
- Cast an enclosed protective circle on your altar using the Black Witches Salt.
- Hold the clear quartz in your hands and ask for its assistance in amplifying the spell you are about to craft, either in your mind or out loud. Place the quartz in your cauldron.
- Hold each herb one at a time in your hands and ask for its assistance (either in your mind or out loud) in promoting prosperity and overall wellbeing in your life. When you’re ready, drop it into the cauldron.
- Once you have completed step 4 with each herb, mix the herbs all together in the cauldron with your hands and focus on your intention. Continue mixing until you feel like you have worked your energy and magick through the herbs – take as much time as you feel you need.
- Anoint your green candle with frankincense oil.
- Dress the candle with the herbs you mixed earlier.
- Place the candle in your candle holder.
- When you’re ready, light the candle and envision the spell working to help bring you abundance and improve your wellbeing until it has burnt all the way down*
*Never leave a burning candle unattended & always be prepared to put out a fire if needed.
Written by Mel B, Tragic's Witchy Consultant.