September 20, 2022
New Moon in Libra Spell
The upcoming new moon on the 26th of September falls in the sign of balance and harmony: Libra.
Under a new moon, it is a great time for spells aimed at improving health and wellbeing. Libra is ruled by the planet of love, beauty and creativity: Venus. This is the perfect time for bringing these types of energies into our lives.
- Altar bell or cleansing stick
- Rose Quartz Candle Holder
- Lighter or matches
- Dong Quai Root/Angelica Root
- Rose petals or buds
- Cauldron or mixing bowl
- Mojo bag
1. Set up and make room on your altar for the above tools.
2. Cleanse yourself, altar and space by ringing your altar bell or burning your cleansing stick while reciting:
"Malicious energy, spirits & intentions must begone"
3. Hold the rose quartz candle holder in your hands and recite:
"Rose quartz, help me with healing and promoting love for myself"
4. Place the rose quartz candle holder on your altar and place the tealight inside.
5. Hold the Angelica Root in your hands and recite:
"Angelica Root, provide me with strength, healing & help ward off illness"
6. Drop the Angelica Root into your cauldron, then hold the Thyme in your hands and recite:
"Thyme, aid me with cleansing, healing & renewal"
7. Drop the Thyme into your cauldron, then hold the Rose Petals or Rose Buds in your hands and recite:
"Rose petals/buds, help attract love and encourage sweet, romantic dreams"
8. Drop the Rose Petals/Buds into your cauldron, then hold the Lavender in your hands and recite:
"Lavender, relieve stress and bring more loving energy into my life"
9. Drop the Lavender into your cauldron.
10. Mix the herbs together with your hands whilst envisioning their magickal properties working to bring more healing and venusian energy into your life. Do this until you feel like you have worked your intention into the herbs.
11. Light the tealight and focus your vision on the flame. Look for images that may appear in the flame as the universe may pass messages to you this way.
12. Once the tealight burns all the way, add the herbs you mixed together earlier into your mojo bag.
13. Now, you can carry around the mojo bag with you and place under your pillow.
Written by Mel B, Tragic's Witchy Consultant.